- Sometimes, user don’t need product key to type while upgrading OS. It is done automatically if you are running a legitimate copy of Windows 7 or 8.1, or you are using Windows 10 Insider Preview flight on a PC/laptop that has been activated with earlier version of Windows.
- If you are re-installing Windows 10 on your PC then it that case also you have need to type the product key again.
- If you are upgrading the different versions of Widows 10 say if you are upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro.
- If you’ve upgraded you PC/ laptop to Windows 10 and then made major changes to your hardware – especially changing your motherboard. In such cases, you have to activate the system by phoning Microsoft as it you can’t do it online.
Clean Install Issue:
- If you clean install Windows 10 instead of doing a simple in-place upgrade, you can run into problems activating. In place of formatting your PC, you can do a factory reset and then install Windows 10. After installing the activation should work properly.
Dealing with activation problems
- The first thing what you have to do is to check Settings, Update & Security and Activation to see if your copy of Windows has been activated or not.
- If the Windows is not activated then connect your system to the Internet to activate Windows.
- If you are getting some error messages like 0XC004E003 0x8007007B, 0x8007000D, 0x8007232b then it usually mean that the activation servers are overloaded and the installer can’t reach them to validate your installation ID.
Automated phone activation
- If you don’t want to wait then you can take the help of automated phone activation.
- Press Windows-R or type this command straight into the Cortana search box.
Note: Here’s more about how you will overcome when Windows 10 activation problems Arises.